Thursday, June 14, 2012

"New" Date Night

I have written about date nights in the past...  ( Date night ).. so you know that being up in Canada, we really do not have many opportunities  to get out for a few hours sans kids.  We haven't found sitters that we like, and we *should* be moving home in just a few months, so right now there isn't much of a point to trying to find one.  We have fallen into a bit of a schedule/rut.  My husband comes home from work, works out, we all eat dinner together, we put the kids to bed, then we veg out on the sofa (1/2 asleep) watching TV until it is time for bed.  It was getting kinda stale.. so I planned to pick up a bottle of wine while I was grocery shopping yesterday, turning off the TV after dinner, and sitting outside to just talk and enjoy each others company.
The night actually worked out really nicely.. as I stated, we all usually eat together, but little lady was in full melt-down mode at dinner time, so I put her to bed early, and little man fell asleep on the sofa, so my husband put him to bed early... so we got to have a meal, a WHOLE  meal, alone.  It was quiet, the food was good, we had adult music on in the back ground, and the wine was delicious, and very very much needed after a hectic, and stressful day with the kids.  After dinner, we refilled our wine, and sat outside and just talked and laughed for an hour or so.  It was the closest thing we have had to a real date in quite some time, and something I think we are going to try to do at least once a week.  It was a really nice change of pace... little lady must have sensed that something was different in our nightly routine, because an hour after I went to sleep, she woke up super pissed, and was up for almost 4 hours.  .. I guess that's what we get for having 2 whole hours of uninterrupted adult-time... and smack in the back of the head back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment